When people talk about the consequences of development, they always speak about its toll on the environment and its resources. No one ever tells, in turn, about the effect on humans since we are part of the environment. The gradual reduction of the average life expectancy of an adult human is ample evidence that there is a toll on our health and our bodies. Since our skin forms the outermost layer of our body, it bears the brunt of the harmful effects. Skin peel treatments in Toowoomba have become a necessity now for this reason.
These are a few widely used skincare treatments at any skin clinic in Toowoomba chemical peels.
What is a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel—known as chemexfoliation or derma peeling—uses a chemical solution to improve your skin’s appearance gradually. In this particular treatment, a chemical solution is wholly applied to your skin, causing trauma or injury to your skin’s layers. The individual skin layers eventually peeled off, revealing more youthful skin. This new skin is usually smoother with far fewer lines and wrinkles, producing a more even colour and brighter complexion.
Which Specific Conditions Does a Chemical Peel Treat?
These chemical peels are used to treat certain skin conditions or improve your appearance by enhancing the tone and texture of your skin. These chemical peels are most commonly performed on your face, neck or hands. They can then help reduce or improve:
- Certain types of acne.
- There are fine lines under your eyes or around your mouth; wrinkling is caused by sun damage, aging and hereditary factors.
- Age spots, sun spots, freckles, liver spots, uneven skin colouring.
- Mild scarring.
- Irregular dark patches due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills.
- Some precancerous scaly spots are called actinic keratosis.
- Working with your dermatologist to determine the depth of your peel. Joint decisions like this can vary depending upon the condition of your skin and the objectives of treatment.
- Scaly patches, rough skin and a dull complexion.
- Bulges, sags, deep facial lines, scars and more severe wrinkles don’t respond well to chemical peels. Assuming these are your concerns, other adjoining cosmetic surgical procedures like a facelift, carbon dioxide laser resurfacing, eye lift, brow lift, or soft tissue filler will be better options.
How is a Chemical Peel Suitable for all Skin Types?
These superficial peels can be used on all skin types. However, assuming you have a darker skin tone, you have a far greater risk of experiencing a darkening of your skin after treatment. These conditions are called post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Assuming you have a naturally darker skin tone, you might want to get the advice of your dermatologist about aggressive treatments to reduce the risk of hyperpigmentation.
Chemical Peeling may also not be Recommended for You if you have the Following Conditions:
- Extra colouring in your scars.
- A history of abnormal skin scarring.
- Cannot stay out of the sun for the healing period.
- Have various skin conditions or take different medications that make your skin more sensitive.
At Drayton Cosmetics & Body Sculpting, we believe in providing our patients with the latest developments in medical technology, incorporating the latest upgrades in medical techniques and skincare technology. In addition, we believe in customized treatments catering to individual skin conditions, tone and conditions. Book your appointment now.