What Does RegenPRP Treatment Involve?
- Around 10ml of your blood is drawn from your vein into a glass tube.
- The tube is then placed into a centrifuge and spun at high speed.
- Your blood is separated into various parts, with the desired PRP – Platelet Rich Plasma – appearing as a golden-coloured liquid.
- The PRP is then removed from the tube and injected into the affected part of your body.
- With Cellular Matrix, the PRP is mixed with Hyaluronic Acid inside the tube before being injected.
Will RegenPRP Therapies Help My Condition?
RegenPRP Therapies may be a suitable option if you have been diagnosed with the following:
- Tendon Tear
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Knee Tendinosis
- Tennis Elbow
- Golfer Elbow
- Achilles Tendinosis
After your course of treatment, you should experience a significant improvement in your symptoms and a general return to function.
Depending on your condition, between one and three procedures may be required. Each procedure usually takes less than 30 minutes to perform.
An MRI or Ultrasound may be performed by your doctor to ensure a proper and correct diagnosis before your procedure.
What Are the Advantages of RegenPRP Therapy?
- RegenPRP Therapies work by stimulating your body’s natural healing mechanisms for repair.
- RegenPRP Therapies are simple and minimally invasive procedures lasting less than 30 minutes.
- RegenpRp Therapies are derived from your blood, so there is little risk of rejection or allergic reaction.
What Should I Expect After the Injection?
You may experience tenderness and discomfort at the injection site for a few days after your RegenPRP Therapies procedure.
Reduced activity is recommended on the day of your procedure, with a gradual return to regular activity over the next 2/3 days.
Although highly uncommon, please speak with your doctor if you experience any of the following symptoms: ongoing pain, worsening of symptoms, nerve pain or skin discolouration.
When Can I Return to Normal Activities?
RegenPRP Therapies are not a “quick fix” and are therefore designed to be a long-term healing solution, combined with a rehabilitation plan as advised by your doctor.
Studies have shown an 84% improvement in pain after RegenPRP Therapies in patients suffering from tendon pathologies.
Ultrasound scans have shown visible reductions in tissue irregularity in 86% of treated tendons.
RegenPRP Therapies used in the knee are superior to Hyaluronic Acid and placebo controls for pain and functionality scores at one-year follow-up.