This practice is bound by the Federal Privacy Act (1988) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). Drayton Cosmetics & Body Sculpting recognises the importance of protecting the privacy and the rights of individuals in relation to their personal information. This document outlines how we collect and manage your health information.
What is your personal information?
What personal information do we collect and hold?
The information Drayton Cosmetics & Body Sculpting collects includes medical details, family information, name, address, employment or other demographic data, past medical and social history, current health issues and future medical care, Medicare number, account details and any health information such as medical or personal opinions about a person’s, disability or health status. We may also collect some information that is not considered personal information as it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect de-identified responses to patient feedback surveys.
How do we collect your personal information?
- Directly from you when you attend our clinics
- As disclosed by you during your consultation at our clinic
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, the following may happen:
- The practice may not be able to provide the requested service to you
- Your diagnosis or treatment may be inaccurate or incomplete
For what purpose do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
- To provide medical services and treatment to you
- For administrative and billing purposes
- Update our records and keep your details up to date
- To process and respond to any complaints made
- To comply with any law, rule and regulations
- For the purpose of data research and analysis
- For inclusion in a recall register for the prevention of chronic disease
- For the purpose of reporting back to your employer
- To answer any queries about the services we provide to you
- To provide information to third parties with your consent
- To meet the obligations of notification to our medical defence organisations or insurers
To who do we disclose your information?
- Personal information will only be used for the purpose of providing medical services and for claims and payments unless consented otherwise
- Drayton Cosmetics & Body Sculpting will not disclose personal information to anyone outside Australia without need and without patient consent.
Exceptions to disclosing without patient consent are where the information is:
- Required by law
- Necessary to lessen or prevent a serious threat to a patient’s life, health or safety or public health or safety, or it is impractical to obtain the patient’s consent
- To assist in locating a missing person
- To establish, exercise or defend an equitable claim
- For the purpose of a confidential dispute resolution process.
Drayton Cosmetics & Body Sculpting does not use or disclose the information we collect about you for direct marketing unless an exception applies, including where the individual either consents to the disclosure or has a reasonable expectation that their personal information will be used for direct marketing and the organisation notifies the individual on how to ‘opt-out’ of direct marketing communications. Direct marketing communications from Drayton Cosmetics & Body Sculpting may include information about our products and services and may be in the form of email, SMS, fax and mail.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
Drayton Cosmetics & Body Sculpting acknowledges patients may request access to their medical records. Patients are encouraged to make this request in writing and Drayton Cosmetics & Body Sculpting will respond within a reasonable time. We will take reasonable steps to correct personal information where it is satisfied they are not accurate or up to date. From time to time, Drayton Cosmetics & Body Sculpting will ask patients to verify their personal information to ensure it is accurate and up to date. Patients may also request for this information to be corrected/updated in writing.
Drayton Cosmetics & Body Sculpting takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from loss and misuse. Drayton Cosmetics & Body Sculpting holds your information in both electronic and hard copy format. When your personal information is no longer needed it is destroyed or de-identified.
last updated: 01/10/2020